Trouble - “Molly World” (Duct Tape, 2012)
This is good and all but when exactly did Trouble become Future? (He yoinked the dude’s mixtape title too!) I cannot approve of this rise in hip hop ecstasy use if it means that even the angriest rappers are going to start giving out hugs and shit. It was cool that time when Gunplay temporarily turned into Billy Ocean but this is too much. Soon there will be no rap left to listen to when we punch walls.
Gunplay turning into Billy Ocean was more than cool. This is a shark bite.
You guys are tripping, melodic autotune jams are di rigueur now. & Future may have mastered the craft but he sure didn’t invent it. I’m just glad this song is so well written & I doubt that Trouble’s entire album is gonna sound like this. He’s always had a well-rounded sound, a diversity of styles and approaches.
May we also not forget that Trouble was trying to sound like Drake at one point on his first tape (which he did rather successfully); this guy does these things beyond the meatheaded muscle-trapper corner people try to fence him into.
- dalatu likes this
- vixeninyourkitchen reblogged this from the-pyrex-god and added:
- the-pyrex-god reblogged this from tumblinerb and added:
- somanyshrimp reblogged this from andyhutchins and added:
- mconor likes this
- ladymisskate likes this
- panpots likes this
- woopdee likes this
- trapmoneyhuddy likes this
- rockitboy likes this
- danhougland likes this
- andyhutchins reblogged this from tumblinerb and added:
- andyhutchins likes this
- stampedejams reblogged this from tumblinerb and added:
- subaru2 likes this
- alexwhines likes this
- eatcerealwithwater reblogged this from tumblinerb and added:
- grouppttherapy likes this
- tupave reblogged this from tumblinerb
- tumblinerb posted this